||CAD Design Drafter
||Gurit Composite Engineering
||Auckland, New Zealand
Gurit is a world leading FRP composite engineering company. We work on a variety of marine, civil industrial and transport projects. We are currently looking for an experienced CAD design drafter to join our Auckland based engineering team in a full-time position.
You will be working as part of a full-service composite company with integrated design, mechanical testing, materials supply, and production that serves customers across the Asia Pacific Region.
You will be working in a combination of AutoCAD, Rhino and Altair Hyperworks. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Production of CAD drawings for laminate construction and assembly details for yachts, powerboats and commercial vessels, architectural components, vehicles and transport projects, and industrial components.
- Working alongside inhouse structural engineers and specifiers
- Producing, check and issue project drawings in AutoCAD drawings in accordance with internal standards.
- Producing, modifying and managing of incoming and internal 3D models
- Producing CNC cut files for inhouse and external production sites
- Completing materials quantities and weights estimates
Preferably you would have marine design and/or composite design experience, with a minimum of 2+ years experience in AutoCAD. Experience with Rhino 3D modelling as well as hands on experience with composites is preferred.
You’ll need a strong eye for detail as your work will be provided to external customers for manufacture and we take pride in the quality of our design drawings and information.
You’ll be working in a close collaborative team of 7 engineers and 2 drafters (including you) and will be working on a variety of projects.
Gurit is an international company that has been based in New Zealand for over 40 years. Gurit has established itself as a developer and innovator in the composites industry and has positioned itself as a leading global supplier of engineering services, composite materials, tooling equipment and systems.
If you’re looking to make the next step, apply now!
Please e-mail your CV to: email@example.com