||Head of Group Purchasing - Chemicals
Gurit globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. We work alongside long standing customers in the vertical markets of Transportation, Marine and Wind with continued focus in emerging markets and product development. It is this focus that enables us to continue to deliver the future of composite materials.
The Buyer / Purchaser will identify suppliers with optimised quality, technology, delivery performance, economic competitiveness and regulatory compliance and provide a follow up service to support the chemical raw material needs of Gurit. Working closely with the Category Manager – Chemicals and supporting stakeholder teams in various global locations you will manage the portfolio of the chemical supply base to ensure the business remains sustainable competitive.
- Manage the supply base together with the Category Manager - Chemicals and develop new and existing suppliers to add optimum value to our business
- Achieve savings targets (cost reduction versus previous year/budget and aligned with corporate objectives)
- Manage supply risk, putting in place risk mitigation plans and robust supply contracts
- Improve supplier quality, using tools such as balanced scorecards
- Willingness to travel to support the role
Skills and Experience
- MCIPS or local equivalent
- Experience of buying chemical raw materials
- Global sourcing
- Contract Management
- Regulatory compliance
Languages; English, additional languages beneficial.
This position will suit a Purchaser who understands the dynamics of the Chemicals Industry, ideally gained within a chemical manufacturing facility. It is important that you are comfortable working in a matrix/cross functional structure with colleagues positioned globally. You will also have exposure of buying at the raw material or formulation phase and will have developed strong commercial negotiation skills that enable to affect change and gain buy in of both internal and external customers.