Composite Materials Engineer – Technical Support (Wind)
||Composite Materials Engineer – Technical Support
||Newport, Isle of Wight (UK)
||Composite Materials – Technical Support Manager
|Hours of Work:
||08:30 – 17:00 (Weekdays)
Gurit globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. We work alongside long standing customers in the vertical markets of Transportation, Marine and Wind with continued focus in emerging markets and product development. It is this focus that enables us to continue to deliver the future of composite materials.
The Technical Support role provides technical expertise to support the sale of composite materials and technology to the Wind Energy markets. You will support current and new customers with materials development, selection and qualification required to achieve their component builds. As an expert in the processing of composite materials you will work directly with Gurits customers to ensure success in their build programmes and identify opportunities for improvement. You will also share your technical expertise in projects with the product development teams who drive product innovation.
- Support current customers with ongoing build programmes providing expertise in a consultant function.
- Use your expertise in composite materials to optimise component manufacturing processes.
- Support sales activities to develop new accounts. Use composites expertise to make materials and process selection decisions.
- Provide on-site support at both the pre-sale stage and the component builds.
- Use experience of composite materials processing and the industrial markets to contribute to Gurits composite materials innovation programmes.
- Project manage the development of new material variants and the required testing prior to release to the market.
Skills and Experience
- Degree level qualification in engineering or other physical science.
- Composite materials technical expertise within the wind energy markets.
- Advantageous if in the manufacture of composite components with prepreg and infusion.
- Experience of effectively managing projects from commencement through to completion.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, verbally, in writing and through the ability to produce and deliver presentations in a professional manner to clients. You may be required to travel within Europe and internationally to visit customers, supplier sites and other Gurit facilities.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK