||Bristol, Rhode Island, USA
||Gurit (USA) Inc.
Purpose of the role:
Design Engineers are responsible for producing high quality, advanced structural composite solutions and managing the production of formal documentation, including construction drawings, written reports and technical information.
Main Responsibilities - Design Engineer:
- Specify and develop advanced composite designs and laminate specifications that suit the customer’s needs. Manage production of documentation in the form of construction drawings, technical design reports and classification society liaison
- Have a good understanding of structural design fundamentals in calculating composite beam and panel requirements. Be able to calculate theoretical material properties for a composite laminate
- Manage assigned projects, ensuring deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Hand sketch laminate details to a level acceptable for effective communication across the design team and at times distribution to clients
- Develop professional relationships with clients. Work toward developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Structural concept development and review within a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering, specializing in Mechanical or Structural Engineering, Composite Materials or Naval Architecture
- 2 years relevant structural design experience in the marine or composite industry
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- High level Excel skills.
- Medium level 2-D AutoCAD skills.
- Medium level 3-D modeling skills (not program specific)
- Strong teamwork skills
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Engineering, specializing in Mechanical or Structural Engineering, Composite Materials or Naval Architecture
- 2 years relevant structural design experience in the marine composite industry
- Medium level Excel (Visual basic) programming skills
- Second language communication skills