||IT Helpdesk Technician – Fixed term for 6 months
||Newport, Isle of Wight (UK)
||IT Infrastructure Manager
|Hours of Work:
||08:30 – 17:00 (Weekdays)
Gurit globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. We work alongside long standing customers in the vertical markets of Transportation, Marine and Wind with continued focus in emerging markets and product development. It is this focus that enables us to continue to deliver the future of composite materials.
The IT Helpdesk Technician is responsible for providing 1st line administration, maintenance and support of the company’s IT infrastructure, systems and applications and ensuring that the delivery of this service is within the agreed SLA’s.
- Monitor and maintain the Helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are resolved within Helpdesk SLAs and customers are updated on the progress
- To provide technical support and troubleshooting services to end-users
- To configure and install all new IT workstations, laptops and Printers
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience providing first line support in an IT role for an SME organization
- Strong IT knowledge including Windows 7, MS Office 2010
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory
- Working knowledge of SAP and Lotus Notes would be advantageous
Excellent communication skills are essential as the role will require large amounts of interaction with a variety of Gurit personnel at all levels of the organization and with external suppliers. Candidates should demonstrate a solid understanding of problem solving techniques and logical thinking. This challenging position requires a positive attitude and involves being able to use your own initiative whilst being an effective team player.
Function Profile is available upon request.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK