Maintenance Engineer - Nightshift
||Maintenance Engineer - Nightshift
||Newport, Isle of Wight (UK)
||Plant Engineering Manager
|Hours of Work:
||36 per week (Monday – Thursday)
Gurit globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. We work alongside long standing customers in the vertical markets of Transportation, Marine and Wind with continued focus in emerging markets and product development. It is this focus that enables us to continue to deliver the future of composite materials.
Gurit’s maintenance team is responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by responding effectively to equipment breakdowns, carrying out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive. We have an opening for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team.
- Carrying out planned, preventative and reactive electrical and mechanical maintenance of equipment
- Fault diagnostics
- Ensuring that machinery is maintained, and repaired to a high standard.
- Pro-active in the reduction of production downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department.
Skills and Experience
- Electrical/Mechanical Qualifications, ideally having completed a time served apprenticeship.
- Ideally electrically biased
- 2 years minimum maintenance experience preferably with experience in a chemical process plant and/or with machinery based equipment
- Excellent fault finding skills
- An understanding of safe systems of work
- Experience in AC & DC drives and controls, plc and computer control systems, mechanical transmission systems and temperature control systems
The ideal candidate will be able to work as a part of a team and be a logical problem solver and have experience working in a fast moving manufacturing environment on a range of machinery. The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to work and be able to use their own initiative to prioritise the workload and be able to “think on your feet” when the need arises.