Purchasing Manager, CAPEX, MRO & Consumables
||Purchasing Manager, CAPEX, MRO
||Group Purchasing Policy, Process, Systems and Services Manager
||37.5 hrs per week
Gurit globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. We work alongside long standing customers in the vertical markets of Transportation, Marine and Wind with continued focus in emerging markets and product development. It is this focus that enables us to continue to deliver the future of composite materials.
The role of the Purchasing Manager is to manage the relevant Group Wide CAPEX initiatives, MRO contracts spend to meet financial targets in the short and long term. This role provides the opportunity to work in a truly cross functional environment and challenge stakeholders of all levels across the business.
- Contract and manage third-party spend for the Category CAPEX and MRO (CHF25-30 million per annum) and achieve annually pre-agreed targets (cost, supply, security, reliability)
- Be an effective partner to the entire Global organization in order that total spend in Fixed Assets Investment is positively influenced by optimal design and maintenance at the best value.
- MRO – develop the category strategy to meet the organizational needs and drive change internally and with our suppliers to execute the strategy effectively.
- Manage the current supply base and develop new and existing suppliers in line with Group Purchasing Policy to optimize value to our business.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to a degree level and ideally MCIPS qualified.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering end to end CAPEX projects and achieving savings.
- Demonstrated experience of operating in a Project Management capacity, leading the delivery of end to end Procurement projects.
- Knowledge of commercial purchasing procedures and practice including negotiation and contract law.
- Experienced contract negotiator gained within manufacturing/engineering fields.
- Prince 2 Project Management desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the role as necessary (Internationally)
- Driven and motivated individual with the ability to lead and influence strategic decisions.
- Presence and ability to precisely delivery information across our key stakeholders within a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.